Coronavirus - The best defense is prevention. We are educating our students in disease prevention and proper personal hygiene. In order to assist parents in having those same conversations at home, here are those guidelines.
Basic Disease Prevention
Follow common sense strategies for preventing the spread of communicable diseases, including Coronavirus:
● Practice social distancing when ill.
● Keep children home who exhibit cold or flu-like symptoms.
● Do not go to work if you have cold or flu-like symptoms.
● Keep unwashed hands out of mouths, and away from faces.
● Use anti-bacterial soap.
● Review hand-washing techniques with students.
● Discourage the sharing of food.
● Use anti-bacterial soap rather than hand sanitizers.
● Daily use of anti-bacterial products on all high-touch surfaces.
● Increased frequency of school building cleaning by maintenance staff with anti-bacterial cleaners.
● Currently, public health officials are not recommending the use of masks or gloves in public settings.
At this time, federal health authorities are not recommending that schools cancel classes.