Board of Education meeting will be held on
Monday, June 8th at the Frisbie Education Center.
The meeting will begin at 6:00 PM
You will have two opportunities to check out for the end of the school year. Check outs will take place at the building of attendance on Tuesday, May 26th from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. and on Wednesday, May 27th from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
When you go to the school, have all personal items and devices out of laptop bags. Be prepared to check in your laptop or other school electronic devices including chargers and cables, library books, school-owned band instruments, band uniforms, and sports uniforms. You will also need to pick up any remaining student property that you did not pick up in March. These items include school supplies, PE clothes and shoes, and personally-owned band instruments. End-of-the-year student awards and end of year recognition will also be distributed at that time. In addition, if you still have an outstanding bill to be paid (lunches, band supplies, shop or art supplies, etc.) please be prepared to pay those.
All four schools will have a drive through drop off and pick up. Most people will not even need to get out or their vehicles.
The drive through locations are: Park - east side at the bus loading zone Central - east side at the bus loading zone Middle School - south side at the front entrance drive High School - east side on the circle drive
If you are unable to make it to either of the scheduled check out days, please contact the district office at 620-257-5196 to make other arrangements.
Thank you to Lyons Pharmacy. They have announced that they will be supplying all back-to-school supplies for PK-5th graders in the Lyons schools next fall!
Hey 2nd graders
Check out your new school for nest year.
Click on the image to the left and take a tour.
Here are a few activity(free use)sites for Park Students
Scholastic Pre-K -K Printables
Scholastic Activities (select an age)
Scholastic Grades 1-2 Printables
Spring Printables for Pre-K
Summer Printables for Pre-K
Park Redesign Update
What’s happening at Park School?
- School Families
- Building relationships through mixed-grade level “families”
- Community Involvement
- Members from the community greet students and families in the mornings
- Local field trips around Lyons
- Invitations to community members to be involved in the classrooms
- Personalized Learning
- Guided Math – small group instruction based on student learning needs
- iStation – computer-based individualized program moving at the students’ pace
- Student Choice – students have the ability to choose what/when they complete learning activities
- Project-Based Learning
- Student-led problem-solving activities
- Students have the opportunity to socialize and play at the start of the day with peers
- More Play
- Additional recess time