As we prepare for a much-needed winter break, the teachers and staff at PES want to have some fun the last week of the semester. So we are pleased to release our schedule for our themed Spirit Week (12/14-12/18) of Winter and Christmas fun:
Monday: Festive Dress Day - Dress up like Santa, a snowman, reindeer or an elf.
Tuesday: Present Day - Dress in favorite holiday colors - Red, Silver, Gold, Green, or any color you like.
Wednesday: Sweats Day - Dress in your favorite pair of sweats. Let's get comfy and cozy. Thursday: Ugly Sweater Day - The uglier, the better! Get creative!
Friday: Pajama Day - Everyone's favorite! It's the most wonderful time of the Year!
Please return your books to the library Thursday, December 17 or Friday, December 18th
January 3rd, 2021
Classes resume Monday, January 4th
Board of Education meeting will be held on
Monday, January 11th at the Frisbie Education Center.
The meeting will begin at 6:00 PM
Here are a few more activities (free use) sites for Park Students
- Scholastic Pre-K -K Printables
- Scholastic Activities (select an age)
- Scholastic Grades 1-2 Printables
- Spring Printables for Pre-K
- Summer Printables for Pre-K
Park Redesign Update
What’s happening at Park School?
- School Families
- Building relationships through mixed-grade level “families”
- Community Involvement
- Members from the community greet students and families in the mornings
- Local field trips around Lyons
- Invitations to community members to be involved in the classrooms
- Personalized Learning
- Guided Math – small group instruction based on student learning needs
- iStation – computer-based individualized program moving at the students’ pace
- Student Choice – students have the ability to choose what/when they complete learning activities
- Project-Based Learning
- Student-led problem-solving activities
- Students have the opportunity to socialize and play at the start of the day with peers
- More Play
- Additional recess time