Paid legal holidays and/or others as designated by USD 405 will be observed as follows:
Paid Holiday Schedule
|From The 2014-2015 Classified Handbook|
|HOLIDAYS||FULL TIME||MONTHLY||PART TIME|
|Day Before Thanksgiving||YES||YES||NO|
|Day After Thanksgiving||YES||YES||NO|
|Martin Luther King Day||YES||NO||NO|
- *Memorial Day is a paid holiday for employees on the "Monthly Clerical" salary schedule (200 day contract)
- All holidays shall be observed on the date designated by state or federal law. However, if that day is a contracted teacher day, the designated day shall not be considered a holiday, and a day of vacation will be given to the 12-month employee.
- Employees can only take two week’s vacation from June 1 - August 1 unless approved by the Superintendent/designee.
- No vacation will be allowed in August without approval of Superintendent/designee.
- If a holiday falls on a Saturday, it will be observed on Friday.
- If a holiday falls on a Sunday, it will be observed on the following Monday.
- If an employee resigns or retires, a holiday is only paid if it comes before the employee’s last work day.
- Paraeducators work according to the student attendance days of the supervising professionals’ calendar (Sterling, Little River, or Chase).