Ms. Janet Head
Janet Head is a third-grade teacher at Central Elementary. She received her teaching degree from Fort Hays State University. She has worked at Central since 2005. Previously she worked as a special education para and also as a Title 1 reading teacher.
Before entering the education field, Mrs. Head graduated from Wichita State University with a business degree and worked several years within the insurance industry. She has lived in Lyons for 21 years with her husband and 3 children.
- Students need to be here.
- Students need to work hard.
- Students need to treat others with respect.
8:15 - 8:45 - Whole group math
8:45 - 9:45 Small groups math/Mr. Comley
9:45 - 10:45 Music and PE
10:45 - 11:15 Spelling
11:15 - 11:45 Tier II
11:45 - 12:25 - Lunch
12:30 - 1:00 - Science
1:00 - 1:30 - Reading/Writing lab
1:30 - 2:00 - Social Studies
2:00 - 2:30 - Reading/Writing lab
2:30 - 2:45 - Recess
2:45 - 3:15 - Technology/Math tier/Read aloud
Note: All students will need to bring an additional pair of sneakers for P.E…. these shoes will need to remain here at school throughout the school year. They do not have to be new but do need to be in good condition, clean and free of any gravel, etc. on the bottom.
- 3 Expo Brand Black Whiteboard Markers
- 1 Highlighter
- 1 Box (24 count only) Crayola Crayons
- 5 Large Glue Sticks
- 3 Spiral Notebooks (Wide Ruled Only) (70 page) (1 blue, 1 red, 1 green)
- 4 Pocket Folders (w/fasteners) (1 blue, 1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow)
- Small Plastic Storage Box (Pencil Box…for storage of crayons, pencils, etc.)
- 1 Pkg./10 - Yellow #2 Pencils (for Classroom
- 1 container of disinfectant wipes